I had a burst of creativity today as I was preparing for a funeral. I used to write poetry a lot, especially in high school. So, here is the poem I wrote for the funeral I am doing on Saturday. The man that died was a story teller. I thought it would be appropriate.
"Life is a Story"
Life is a story- a beginning,
a middle, and an end.
We fill in the spaces in between.
Chapters of laughter, tears,
storms, sunrises, sunsets.
Family, friends, the ebb and
flow of life.
The stories we tell become a
legacy we leave to our children,
Memories that are not
forgotten,
glimpses of light that
illuminate through the cracks of our souls,
and make an impression upon
our lives.
Stories become part of who we
are,
The mysterious pieces to the
puzzle that make up our very selves,
Passed on from generation to
generation.
As we leave this world, our
stories remain.
Take heed, dear heart, to the
stories we’ve shared.
Tell them again and again.
My story will become your
life, and the circle of life remains.



No comments:
Post a Comment