I feel so blessed this Christmas season, especially about the things I get to do in ministry. Next week will mark the end of a 4 week study I decided to do about the Gospel of Luke and Jesus' birth, and I made it just for women. Each week we've had up to 20 women (minus today because of the weather) who have come to the class. I feel like they have learned a lot, we've talked about some interesting things, and everyone has enjoyed it. It's been so cool to see them rediscover the Christmas story and wrestle with how different the 2 stories of Matthew and Luke actually are. I never realized that would cause so much of a stir until we went over it the first day and they still talk about it and ask questions about why they are so different!
We had our Kids Hope Christmas party last week, which I got to spend with my Kids Hope girl of course. She had so much fun, and the next day, I got to give her a Christmas gift, which she was so excited about. She wanted the movie, Hatchi, about this dog she loves Her eyes got so big when she opened her very own copy. She had been saying that her family just didn't have the money, which made me really sad when I saw that we could get a copy for just $10 on amazon. Anyway, I was really excited to do something for her. She is such a special girl!
Our Children's Christmas Program was this past Sunday where I played an angel and our senior pastor was a rock star who thought he was the "real star of Christmas." Everyone had a great time, the kids were great, and we got lots of laughs. The Prayz band did all the music, and I was so proud of them! They really did an awesome job!

Our choir cantata is this coming Sunday, which I get to sing in, and it's really a beautiful cantata.
AND both families are coming up for Christmas this year, and I'm preaching on Christmas Eve!
In the midst of all this, I did a funeral last week, and I'm doing a wedding on New Year's Day(1/1/11!)
So...lots going on, lots to be excited about, and lots to celebrate. Corey and I have our tree up, we've made holiday goodies for people, snow is on the ground, and we're off to some parties- I can't complain...life is good :)



1 comment:
Look at your pretzels!!! You did so good on your own!!
Post a Comment