Corey and I got up before the sun on Friday to drive to Vincennes, IN for a required clergy workshop about finances. It was actually an informative, but LONG day.
Anyway, in the car on the way there, we got into some interesting discussions about politics, abortion, gun control, pacifism, war, Jesus, etc. with theology mixed in. I'm not one to share my views about these issues in depth on a blog, but I did ask Corey as we discussed these topics, this question: How do we come to the conclusion that we believe a certain way? Even when we cannot defend it with tons of arguments or theories, we each have this thing inside of us that tells us, "I believe this way and I know that for certain." I called this a "soul moment." It seems that some things we believe come from the way we were raised, maybe the way our parents believe, our education, our friends, and our cultural surroundings. But I also think that some things we are passionate about come from deep within- our very souls. We don't know necessarily why we believe a certain way, we just know we do. This led me to appreciate the extreme uniqueness that is within each person. That we all have these "soul moments" where we believe something from the heart; from deep within.
What are your "soul moments" and what topics cause you to have them?
Thinking about Protocol Droids
1 week ago



No comments:
Post a Comment