Monday, May 17, 2010

Wedding Dress, Part II

I got to play in my wedding dress yesterday... :) Thanks to my wonderful friend, Becky, I got to drag my big dress out of the closet and put it on again all in good fun and to help her out with her floral business by holding some of the prettiest flowers I have ever seen! We spent a few hours taking pictures on Butler's campus, my beloved alma mater for her advertising purposes. What a great combination! :) I didn't realize how much fun I'd have until I was actually standing outside in the rain wearing it again. Not only is it the most beautiful dress I will ever own, but it brings back so many wonderful memories and it made me reflect on the blessings in my life that have to do with my marriage and my friends and family who know and love Corey and me. I also reflected on how much things have grown or changed since I wore it last and how many things Corey and I have experienced and gone through in our first 2 years of marriage and being in ministry. It was also strange being at Butler in my wedding dress. I would have never thought that those two worlds would collide, but they did! I can't wait to see the pictures we took, but even better will be the memories that come with wearing my dress again. Isn't it funny how something as simple as a dress can bring up so many emotions and memories? And of course, the mere fact that it still fits...probably even better than 2 years ago! Now that's a great reason to feel like a princess in it! So ladies...if you have a chance to drag that wedding gown out of the closet and wear it again or do something fun in it, I highly recommend the experience!

This beautiful bouquet was made by Becky...it was also my favorite from the day. Thanks for my souvenir!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool! I can't wait to see pictures!

Becky said...

Love the post! I was so glad you could come. I am anxiously awaiting the photos!!!