MY PARENTS GOT COLTS SEASON TICKETS! Corey and I are SO excited...because we will get to use them! :)
Now the reason for this post- Here is my monthly pondering for the church's July newsletter:
Let’s face it- the Internet has taken us all by storm. Anything you ever wanted to know or see is just a mouse click away with the world’s latest technology. Websites that connect people are by far the most popular on the web right now. There’s facebook, MySpace, twitter, friendster, youtube, Skype…the list goes on and on. People can share pictures and videos, chat online, and share whatever is going on in their lives, all from the computer. Before you start to roll your eyes and ask yourself, “What is this world coming to?,” let me just say that the web has actually opened new doors for God’s people to connect, to share, and to pray together (think about our own e-mail prayer chain!). A magazine article I recently read quoted a pastor who said, “This is so Wesleyan. We have to go where the people are, and the people are online!” These online tools are changing the way ministry is done, especially for younger generations. My husband uses an online “blog” to share the latest news and his thoughts with his youth group. I interact with some of our own congregation members weekly on facebook, and I am constantly in contact with fellow clergy members about what they are doing in their churches and personal lives to make effective ministry happen. Invitations can be sent to people online about what is going on in the church, pastors can post the latest happenings, their sermons, or a devotion for the day, prayer groups can talk to each other about their needs and concerns, and endless dialogue can occur about anything and everything, including what God is doing in our lives. The possibilities are endless. I believe that the Internet is our latest mission field, and it is now a vital part in the life of the church. So if you’re not already online, I challenge you to give it a chance. Discover God on the web…even on facebook!
Thinking about Protocol Droids
1 week ago



No comments:
Post a Comment