It's that time of the year again...Vacation Bible School time! Last year I was somewhat relieved that I started my appointment immediately after VBS, because that meant that I had avoided it for at least a year, but this year I am definitely involved. If you know me rather well, you know that children's ministry is not one of my favorite areas to work with. Let's be honest...kids are just not my thing. But I'm willing to try anything and do whatever I need to do to help out and support everything our church does. So I got roped into being the "story teller/drama" person this year, which means I get to dress up every morning and do a little skit about the Bible story of the day. And then I have been helping out with the VBS songs, which includes teaching the kids the dance steps to them, and this has been an absolute blast! I am having so much fun...and I never expected that...haha (so much for my positive attitude!) It's fun to see how they really get into it and they get really excited. Turns out that it's fun to make a fool out of yourself every once in awhile. I think that's what ministry is about sometimes...making fools out of ourselves for God. There's something that will preach!
So here's to VBS 2009- Livin' on the E.D.G.E.!



No comments:
Post a Comment