Monday, March 30, 2009

Ground Breaking

Yesterday we had a ground breaking ceremony at church for a new addition that will be constructed out front.  It will consist of new office space and a few new classrooms, etc.  We will also be getting a really cool electronic sign out front that will replace a tombstone looking sign that has been out front for a really long time.  So this was a neat event- having a ground breaking for this construction.  However, this was one of those times that I was reminded not to take myself so seriously.  I was not informed ahead of time that the senior pastor and I would be part of the group partaking in the actual ground breaking part of the ceremony.  So while I was standing out there freezing to death in the rain and snow (yes, Indiana!) and in my heels, someone handed me one of the shovels.  I walked over to where we were "turning over dirt" and jammed the shovel in the ground and almost fell over!  Then someone added, "It's ok, Jill, every little bit helps!"  At least I laughed at myself and gave everyone out there a laugh, too.  All this to say, I might want to practice a little for the next time :)

No comments: