Sunday, March 22, 2009

An Ear Infection? What am I, 5 years old?

So....I got my ears cleaned out today....it was by far one of the weirdest experiences I have ever had!  It felt like a hot pressure washer was inside of my head.  Corey said I made some funny faces, too.  So how did I happen to have this strange event?  For a few months now, I noticed that my ears were not functioning correctly...I kept hearing pops and crackles and felt fluid in my head, but thought it would go away...silly me.  It got worse and finally I couldn't hear anything out of my left ear, which is not good, especially considering that most of my responsibilities at church consist of talking and leading worship in singing.  So I finally broke down and went to the doctor about this, and they cleaned all of the gunk out of my ears and told me that I have an ear infection, which is no surprise.  Needless to say, it was an eventful afternoon.  At least I can hear a little better, but I may be scarred for life after that ear cleaning....haha...

Things are still rather calm in my world, with the exception of my disfunctional ears.  I had another pre-marital session with a couple yesterday that went well.  I'm always amazed at family maps and histories, and I've found genograms to be very helpful with couples.  It tells them (and me) a lot about themselves and what patterns they want to break from their own families, and even some patterns to keep. Even though genograms were kind of annoying in
 seminary training, they sure come in handy for this kind of stuff, and I find them fascinating!

Kole got groomed earlier this week, and Corey has affectionately been calling him "Duckbill Schnauzerpus" because his little "beard" has been trimmed and he has little chicken legs without all of his fur.  He's still as cute as ever though :)  Here is a picture!!

Worship went well today.  My DS showed up for the Prayz service, which I was happy about.  He finally got to see all of the things I have been working on, and he seemed to enjoy the service.  Things are going well there, and the band had an especially good day.  We did our own version of "Let It Be" for our prayer song, and people really seemed to like it, and the band really sounded great.  It was definitely an "up" kind of day!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm glad to hear that genograms really help in ministry. I wondered when we studied them if they would be simply too clinical to actually use in the church, so it's good to know that they're useful.

Anonymous said...

Uh oh. I am worried about your ears given that it sounnds a lot like the symptoms I had three years ago that resulted in the eustachian tube disorder diagnosis. Do you frequently get the "on a plane" sensation?