I recently got done reading The Shack by William Young. For those of you who know me well, I usually start books and do not finish them or will start and come back much later and finish them, so the fact that I managed to start a book and finish it about 2 weeks later is a feat in itself for me...haha! Anyway, it is a GREAT book, and I highly recommend it. It covers some great theological issues, such as the Trinity, good and evil, theodicy (why there is evil if God exists), and the grief and guilt associated with losing a loved one, particularly a child. It gives a creative picture of God and how God works in our lives and in the world as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. It's really well-written and thought-provoking. So go forth and read!
That's really all for now...like I said, I am enjoying the calm while it lasts :)



No comments:
Post a Comment