Sunday, March 1, 2009

Church and New Cars

The funeral for the young woman who died last week was on Saturday.  It was a tough funeral.  Meeting with her family was one of the hardest things I've done so far in ministry.  They have a lot of difficult days ahead of them, so please pray for them if you are a praying person.  We have a few people from church in the hospital now, so we've just been really busy with the sad side of ministry lately.  I can only hope for a few calm weeks up ahead.

The exciting news is that I am getting a new car (new to me, but it's used of course)!  We're selling my Honda Accord and I'm getting a blue Subaru Forester on Tuesday!  We drove it last week and liked it, and it's in our price range.  I just hope the Honda sells soon :)

In other random news, there have been sightings of a cougar in Terre Haute.  Apparently one escaped from some wild life refuge and now it's hanging around here....not even a mile from our house!  Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I've been terrified to take the dog out on a walk, at least not without Corey with me.  It's ridiculous, I know, but come on...a cougar!  It definitely wouldn't be a good thing to see it...

It was another good Sunday worship today.  The Prayz band continues to do well and I'm trying some new and different things in the service during Lent.

Things are looking up :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you get mauled by the cougar, let's just hope your Crystal Gayle shirt isn't ruined.

Anonymous said...

Subarus are AMAZING. My parents live in CT and I drove my moms through 12 inches of snow once. You'll love it.

And one of my mom's church members send her a picture of a cougar on their back deck last year - though it hasn't escaped from anything, it was just wild (they kind of live out in the woods). The picture was intense - I would definitely take Cory with you, especially at night!!