Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Curse of the Frog

It's been an eventful week with new lessons learned, new situations, and chances for growth and opportunity...along with lots of laughs to share, and we saw a wonderful movie- go see Doubt if you get the chance- it was awesome!

Things have taken an interesting, but expected, turn at church as far as the ongoing story of our "prayz" band.  The music director and his wife have left the service, which is no surprise, but it's still a loss.  There are no hard feelings on my end, and I pray that there are none on their end.  On the other hand, I feel like this is an opportunity for even more growth and bonding with the praise band members.  Just this past week we had a great practice and have learned to learn songs in a new way (for many of them) without sticking to a solid sheet music way of learning, which I personally think is better for praise band music anyway.  We are now able to make songs our own and think about new and creative ways to present them.  This will take some practice for many of us, but I know we can do it and we are moving in the right direction.  It's an ongoing challenge for me as the person in charge of this service, because I can't always make everyone happy, and while I have some musical talent, I am in no way a music director, which is something we will now lack.  Speaking of musical talent, my guitar playing is coming along, and I get more excited every day about learning it!  I am an impatient person though, and sometimes that gets in the way of my learning- I want to be really good NOW!  But I know that this will take a long time....but for now I'm ok just learning and practicing..as slow as it can be at times!  Anyway, I also had the chance this week to meet with someone who leads the praise band at another church, and he was really helpful.  I am so grateful that there are others out there who are willing to help us!  Maybe I can help someone else in the same way someday.  Watch...my next appointment will be the most traditional church in Indiana...and all of my learned skills about contemporary worship will sit somewhere on a shelf :)  Oh well!

Another funny thing that happened last night actually was when Kole decided to bring us a "present" from outside...an already dead and frozen dried up frog...it was really funny...and while it might be gross, I had to take a picture...yes, I'm weird like that...haha.  We also gave him a bath today which is always an experience.  Also, Corey is upset because our TV ha
s been acting strangely...maybe it's the curse of the dead frog :)  Stay tuned....











No comments: