February: Corey and I got engaged
April: Corey and I got married (officially)
May: We graduated from seminary and found out where I was going to be appointed
June: We moved to Terre Haute after I was commissioned as a probationary elder
August: Our formal wedding in Knoxville
September: Honeymoon to Alaska AND Corey got a job AND we got Kole
November: My first baptism, wedding, and funeral
December: Our first holidays as a married couple
How can 2009 be any more exciting?! While I am not expecting any life changing events to happen, I am excited about a new year- a new year of discovering more about life, more about God, more about married life, more about life as a pastor, etc. This year I hope to make even more positive changes in the Prayz (Casual) Worship, this year I hope to continue learning valuable lessons about life as a pastor, this year I hope to make a difference in the lives of people in the congregation and beyond, this year I hope to become a better wife and a better dog owner :) This year I hope to become a better daughter, a better sister, a better granddaughter. You get the idea! Another thing I'm doing is learning how to play the guitar. I mentioned this a few weeks ago, but now it's actually becoming a reality! I've had 2 lessons so far and I've been practicing every day...it's slow going, but I'm going to stay with it because I know I can do it and I really want to! I'm very excited about it- my ideal goal is to be able to lead worship if I need to and just be another guitar player in the band. I'm hoping to use my future guitar skills as a way to enhance my ministry and gifts that I can offer within my ministry. I'm just hoping that I don't get too frustrated... :)
So here's to 2009...a new year, a fresh start, new discoveries, new experiences....



1 comment:
Jill these are great goals!
Post a Comment