Just a quick note about last Sunday....it went really well! I actually felt really good about it even though I barely had time to prepare something. It may have even been better that I did not have time to prepare because everything just flowed and it just went really well. It was awesome!
This past week has been busy with random things. I made lunch for my covenant group on Wednesday, and even though only 3 of us could be there, it was still a good time. Then on Thursday I spent the morning at church and came back that afternoon for praise band practice, which went really well with just 4 singers and the guitars. I could tell that everyone had been practicing our song for Sunday, which is called "Child of Love." We're playing/singing at the big Advent program on Sunday morning, so it's kind of a big deal! I think it will be great. That evening, Corey and I went to a middle school band concert because some kids in his youth group were performing. Talk about memories coming back to me! I played the flute in middle school, and I'm sure our band concerts were always "interesting." The one sad memory it brought up was that my friend Jamie that passed away was in band with me, and played the flute as well. In fact, we always fought over the first chair flute...in a loving way of course :)
Today I visited a woman in the hospital who had brain surgery yesterday. As she was telling me about the procedure, I was just amazed at what doctors can do these days. I drove all the way to Indy to see her, but it was definitely worth it because I got to visit her AND have lunch with my good friend and old college roommate, Becky :) It was great catching up!
Tonight we went to the young adults' Christmas party, which was a lot of fun. We had a white elephant gift exchange, and I actually ended up with some Vera Bradley as my gift! I got lucky this time :)
Corey and I had a blast putting up our Christmas tree earlier this week. I finally had a real day off on Tuesday, so we spent it together, having lunch and doing some shopping. Oh, and I've decided I'm going to start taking guitar lessons in January. I've been wanting to learn for years, and I've decided that it's finally time to just go ahead and do it! I can't wait!



No comments:
Post a Comment