Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Endless Christmas Parties

I never realized how many Christmas parties and events pastors are expected to go to!  It's been an adventure.  It all started with the Kids Hope Christmas party earlier this month.  This was for the kids at the elementary school that we (as a church) mentor.  Unfortunately, the little girl I work with each week was not able to be there, and it was quite depressing.  Oh well.  The following week I went to another UMW event at someone's house.  It was actually a fun lunch, but I'm always the youngest there by far.  And it was fun to see all of the Christmas sweaters.  I felt like I was at one of those tacky Christmas sweater parties!  Gotta love them...then we went to the young adult party the next night, which was free of Christmas sweaters, but added little kids to the mix.  Then, this week began with a staff party for Corey's church at the pastor's house.  Let me ask those reading...when was the last time you played charades?  And this was not regular charades, but HOLIDAY charades!  I was reluctant at first, thinking that they were kidding, but it was actually quite entertaining.  This was followed by singing Christmas carols.  I felt like I was in some family Christmas movie!  It was almost 10:00 by the time we got out of there.  It was fun, but I had no idea people still did those kinds of things....haha.

And of course we've been to many things lately with little kids being the focus.  What is it about Christmas that brings out all of the little kids and parents with video cameras?

We are going to my staff Christmas party this weekend.  Knowing the pastor I work with, we will certainly not be playing charades :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Things that make us realize we're adults: leaving someone's house at 10 pm is "late."