Things have calmed down a little bit since last weekend and the beginning of this week, thank God! I spoke at a United Methodist Women's breakfast on Tuesday, and even though it was my day off, I'm really glad I decided to do that. I enjoyed sharing my story with them. It's strange for me to think that people actually want me to talk to them about my life and that my story is worth listening to. I guess most people are fascinated by the fact that I used to be Jewish, but I'm now a Christian and a pastor. My short life has been full of happiness and excitement so far, but for some reason I always think that people will be bored with my story. Then I realize that people like to hear real stories of how God has called has called people into ministry, how God works in our lives, and how our lives can change for the better. Whenever I hear people share their walk with God, they usually have some tragic occurrence or happening that has shaped them to where they are today in their spiritual journey. I am fortunate to not have anything tragic or traumatic happen in my life. So I have to remind myself that my story (so far) is one of life-changing decisions and experiences that have led me to where I am today- and people want to hear stories like that!
My parents are moving today from my childhood house to a smaller house that used to be my grandmother's (she's now in a condo in the same neighborhood). This new house actually right across the street from our old one. I've always considered this house home...so it's going to be really strange to go home for Christmas and not pull into that driveway or know I'm going to be staying in a different house for the holidays! It will be a weird feeling, and kind of sad. Oh well. I'm happy that my parents are finally doing this and that they are downsizing. It will be a good change for them. That's all for now :)
1 comment:
Oh wow, my parents moved out of my childhood home over the summer ... I'm in CT at their new house right now and I don't know where anything is!! It's not easy, but I looked at it as another step toward me being an adult.
Post a Comment