I preached last week and it went really well. My DS showed up with his wife and I got some good feedback from him. Corey and I actually had lunch with him earlier this week and we talked about a lot of different things going on in the life of the church as a whole, and Corey is being asked to put together a possible district-wide youth program. Things are looking up as far as that goes.
There are still issues surrounding the contemporary service, particularly the praise band. Grown men are still acting like teenagers, and I don't see an end coming to this anytime soon. We are trying to set up meetings to talk honestly about these things, but I don't know if that is the best idea right now. We might be losing our keyboard player in the next few weeks, which is positive and negative at the same time. I just pray that we can hold it together and that we can be adults and talk through these issues, because if we don't, then we won't be able to move forward. Period.
It's been a really busy fall, and this month is probably the busiest so far. Corey and I have something planned every weekend this month. Next Saturday at 7:30 (ick) I get to be the speaker at the UM Men's breakfast. I have no idea why they insist on meeting so early in the morning on a Saturday! Anyway, then I am speaking at a UM women's group the week after that. Oh, and next Sunday I get to spend from 2-9 pm at a seminar! On a Sunday! Booo...that's all I need to say about that! Then the next week is our charge conference, followed by the normal weekly meetings, and then there is a workshop that next Saturday. It seems that all of my weekends this month are shot. Oh, and did I mention that I get to perform my first baptism next Sunday? It will be 2 boys, ages 6 and 8. And then a few weeks after that, the dad of these 2 kids wants me to perform his wedding ceremony- he is getting remarried. This was an unexpected phone call I received last week, but luckily they took me seriously when I told him that they would need to meet with me at least twice before I married them, so we set up meetings. The unexpected- such is life in ministry I suppose. Anyway, I'm done rambling for now. The Colts game is on tonight- GO COLTS! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment