Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hayrides and Corn mazes

Corey and I had a really good time last night with the youth group from my church.  We went to this place called Pumpkin Works and did a corn maze, saw a really funny looking sheep in a barn, and did a maze completely in the dark...which we didn't finish...haha.  Then we went on a "spooky" hay ride where they took us through these woods that were apparently inhabited by aliens.....haha.  It was fun!  And my allergies held up, too!  That's always good.  Then we went and had pizza with them afterwards.  They were actually having a lock-in at the church, but we were definitely not going to stick around for that!

Speaking of mazes, my life has started to feel like one lately- I'm feeling just a bit overwhelmed.  Whenever I'm in a meeting at church and have my calendar in front of me,  I am reminded that there are no breaks for me anymore- my calendar year is no longer broken up into semesters, spring breaks, winter breaks, or summer breaks- it keeps going!  It's one of those things that I know...but it didn't really hit me until recently.  My calendar keeps going and going forever!  And as a pastor, I have to actually work late on Christmas Eve and Easter, etc.  It never ends!  So I have to stop and remind myself to take one day, one thing at a time and relax, because time really does fly, especially lately.  But you should see my calendar...seriously- there are only a few days where I have nothing scheduled, and I'm sure those days will be filling up, too. At lest there are some exciting things on there, like performing my first baptism in a few weeks, preaching dates, and lots of fall and winter church activities.  I even got to meet the mayor last week at a church lunch, and he decided to sit next to me for some reason.  You just never know!

I am preaching tomorrow at both services, and my DS might show up, so I'm a little nervous, but excited, too.  I might post my sermon on here later!

No comments: