It's been an interesting week- Thursday night during praise band practice, I announced that the casual service would be seeing some changes, and I suggested that we start looking into more contemporary style music. I knew this would be the biggest hurdle to overcome because the music director doesn't like change (welcome to church!) and has been asked several times to do different music, but won't do it. Since I am now officially put in charge of this service, he really didn't have too much of a choice except to hear me out and to start making the necessary changes in the near future. Most of the people in the praise band seemed happy- but of course, some did not. The music director left the church as soon as the meeting was over and didn't say a word to me. I could tell he was upset. He is very talented at what he does, but unfortunately his heart just isn't into the casual service. I just hope we can work something out. I know that I can't please everyone, and that's just something I'll have to live with. I also have run into some issues with my young adult class because some older people have decided to check it out since we are in the middle of this 8 week program where people are asked to try out a different Sunday school class, and technically all are welcome to my class for this time being. Of course, I was hoping that they would get the hint by the signs around the church advertising a class for young adults and maybe decide to try another class- but no such luck. So now I have some of the young adults asking why these people are in our class. All I can tell them is to hold on for a few more weeks and then things will hopefully go back to normal. Once again, you can't please everyone- welcome to the church.
In other news, the special session of annual conference was today to unite the north and south conferences. It was an ok day I guess. The nice thing was that I got to see some people in the conference that I don't get to see a whole lot, including my candidacy mentor and some other people from the church where I worked as a youth leader in college. I also got to see my parents yesterday for awhile since they were in Bloomington at their condo. I wish they could have stuck around longer!
Kole is doing well- he got groomed earlier this week and taken to the vet, and he's adjusting well!
Sometimes I feel really old- a husband, a dog, a job, and a house :) Where does the time go?!
No comments:
Post a Comment