It has been a fun and interesting few days with the new dog in the house! He has been well-behaved for the most part, although I came home today from work and found that he had totally destroyed a box of tissues...I scolded him for it, but actually thought it was pretty funny. Doesn't he just look guilty?? He likes to chew on our floor rug in one of the living rooms and likes towels we've discovered. Other than that, he is a really good dog, and I'm attached already :) He follows me around the house, whines when I leave, and we go on walks every day. I even got him a Colts collar!
In other news, things are starting to come together for the casual worship service. I met with the Pastor Parish Relations Committee the other night and shared my plans and ideas with them and they seemed excited about it- now all I have to do is start putting things into action. I have a lot of work ahead of me, and I can't do it alone- so any prayers, support, and ideas are welcome! It just seems so big right now and I need to take one thing at a time while balancing all of the other stuff I'm involved in right now at the church that doesn't concern the worship service. Welcome to ministry, right? The biggest challenge will be to steer the music in a new direction, which is what I'll address tomorrow night at our praise band practice.
Nothing too much else is going on right now- we're staying busy. I'm going to a conference on Saturday that will be uniting the South Indiana conference with the North Indiana conference. I'm not sure how I feel about this, but it's out of my hands of course. I just don't want to worry about moving somewhere completely on the other side of the state. I've been told I shouldn't worry about it, but anything can happen I suppose. I just hope it's a positive change- the 2 conferences think it will be.
More later I'm sure :)



No comments:
Post a Comment