Friday, September 19, 2008

An Interesting Friday Night!

I just spent my Friday night with a group of 16 and 17 year olds.  Yes, it was interesting.  Corey is out of town on a retreat with his new youth group, and so I thought to myself, I'll go have dinner at the senior pastor's house with the normal people, and then maybe I'll rent a movie, or even go see one!  Laugh if you must, but I really wanted to see House Bunny, and I know Corey would not be dragged to see it.  So a night at the movies alone isn't so bad, right?  Well, it turned out that the teenage daughter of one of my dinner friends was going to see it with some of her friends and said I could tag along!  Why not?!  So I got to ride in a mini van, driven by this teenage girl with her friends, music blasting, cell phones ringing, and even blowing bubbles out of the windows at stop lights!  Was I like this when I was 16?  Most definitely...maybe minus Hannah Montana, the cell phone and bubbles, but the same nonetheless.  I am thankful for the trip down memory lane, but glad that I'm all grown up ;)

 Some things never change!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jill - that must have been great! What fun! Corey probably had more mature kids with him - Love, MOM