...the end of wedding showers and ceremonies that is! We had our final wedding celebration today, which was a shower thrown by the United Methodist Women. It was really nice of them to have this for Corey and me. They had a cake, used our reception decorations with the vases and floating candles, and we had our slideshow going again, which everyone really seemed to enjoy. We got some great gifts, too, including a GPS and tons of gift cards to local restaurants. And..we got MORE towels...yeah...nothing more needs to be said there....haha. This picture is from the shower, taken in front of our cake!
Then we had dinner at the head pastor's house and Corey played a very long game of Settlers while I watched the Colts LOSE! Booo! They are not doing well this year, and that makes me sad.
I also had a good day at church today. The first service went well and I sang in the choir again. Then my first young adults' class was after that, and I had 7 people show up, and I'm hoping to get more as time goes on. I was nervous about how it would go, but everyone seemed excited to be there and we had a really good discussion. I just hope that we keep up the enthusiasm and we get more young people!
I spent yesterday in Indy with my friend Becky. We went to the mall and then I got my Target fix! We also hung out with one of our old friends from college who I haven't seen since our freshman year because he left to go somewhere else. We had a great time catching up over pizza, and it was just a good day.
Corey is back from his first retreat with his new youth group, and I think he had a good time. It's good to have him home again though :) I didn't like not having him home!
That's all for now :) Things are going well and I am very happy with the way things are going in our lives right now...except for the Colts not doing well...oh well. Nothing is perfect all the time!



1 comment:
Had a great time this weekend!
Post a Comment