Anyway, things are going well. I feel a lot better since the last time I posted. I know that some things are just out of my control, which is one of my biggest pet peeves. These are things that I cannot do anything about, so I need to do what I can and let it go. Life is messy, never perfect, and there are things that happen. But I know that the reasons that I have to miss retreats and orientations are valid- our wedding and our honeymoon- and these are the foundations of Corey and I building a life together, and nothing is more important than that as far as I'm concerned, and that comes first. Yes, I'm pissed that this stuff has to happen while we are having our wedding and will be on our trip, but there's nothing I can do about it, and they did not tell me when these things are happening until recently. Oh well. Such is life. Now if Corey could only find a job....patience, patience...
But things are going well in our little part of the world nonetheless. Somehow we have entered into adulthood...not sure how that happened, but here we are. We spent Friday night with a group of people old enough to be our parents, Corey played a board game with them and I went to Stein Mart where I shopped with other (older) married women whose husbands were probably off doing something simlar....and that has become the norm around here for us. Someone should come up with a website like online dating, except it should be young married couples looking for people their own age to hang out with. If there is such a thing, send it our way! Seriously. Anyway, that's all for now. We're less than a month away from the wedding! Let the excitement begin! :)



1 comment:
And I'm going to win at that board game. It's gonna happen. Just a matter of time.
:p
Post a Comment