On another note, the Department of Motor Vehicles is perhaps one of the most frustrating places ever. Everytime I go there to do something, I don't have the correct information, or I have to turn around and go back to get something that I don't have. Corey and I got really frustrated the other week when we went to get our driver's licenses because we were told to bring a piece of mail with our address on it to prove we are IN residents. We both brought our document from the GOVERNMENT postal service saying that we had changed our address- and they wouldn't accept it! We had to go back home and bring them a bank statement or something else with the address. You'd think that a government document with our address on it would have been enough- but NO! Then today I went to try to register my car here, and I apparently don't have the real title to my car in my possession. I could possibly be screwed on that one. Who knows. But I've probably wasted more gas just trying to get stuff done at that ridiculous place.
AND...I am SO tired of the Residents in Ministry program being so disorganized. I just got this invitation TODAY telling me that there is an orientation for new pastors being held on August 16th- the weekend of our wedding. This is after I found out that I have to miss the 2nd retreat in September because Corey and I will be on our Alaskan cruise honeymoon. I asked someone for a calendar so I wouldn't miss anything else because they scheduled the first retreat during my seminary graduation, the 2nd one during my honeymoon, and now I have to miss the new pastor's orientation, so now I will be even more lost than anyone else. I am so mad about this! Are they going to kick me out of the program or something? Who knows. It's their fault for not giving us a calendar to let us know any of these dates. This is the first I've heard of any of these things. So much for structure and organization. We're Methodists for crying out loud!
I'm frustrated, can you tell?
I'm frustrated, can you tell?



2 comments:
hi,readmy blog:
compartiendolabiblia.blogspot.com
this is spanish but you user traslator online
You mean the conference people don't know what the hell they're doing but they expect you to be at their beck and call? Welcome to the UMC.
As for the follow up stuff, don't beat yourself up over it, which is easier said than done, of course. The pastor is an easy place to project generalized anger because there is little to no consequence for doing so. You've learned from it, so now you move on and do the best you can.
You're doing great. Keep up the good work!
Matt...
Post a Comment