Well, we are entering into our 2nd full week in Terre Haute, and life is good :) Today I got to actually do something in the service- I led some stuff in the beginning, prayer time, and one of the Scripture readings. I was also introduced to the casual worship service, which I will eventually be the leader of once I get more acquainted with it. We also had a reception today with cake and punch, and then the congregation was allowed to ask me questions in order to get to know me better. Corey and I were betting (like good United Methodists...haha) that we would get a question like, "When are you all planning on having kids??" But no one asked, and we were rather grateful for that! Speaking of kids, the kids at church made us cards, and they were so cute! One even consisted of a drawn picture of me in my robe, which surprisingly looked a lot like me! It was funny! Anyway, it was a great day :) This week there is a funeral at church, so I will be observing it so that I will be able to do one soon. I'm looking forward to learning more and more about what the pastoral duties are, especially in an associate position. I'm looking forward to finding my "niche" in this particular congregation. Everything is going well so far, and I haven't flopped yet ;) so that's always good.
I posted some more pictures of the house on facebook. Everything is really starting to come together. Corey still needs a job, so we keep on praying for that. Meanwhile, we are still getting settled in, learning our way around Terre Haute, and getting to know some people from the church. I'm reading another Anne Lamott book, Plan B, which I'm sure will eventually make it's way into my blog (some kind of reflection on it). I love her books! Anyways, that's life for now. More later...



No comments:
Post a Comment