This has been an exciting time for me, but also kind of a difficult one. It's been hard to adjust to this new life, meanwhile trying to get settled in and figure out what I'm doing or supposed to be doing half the time. I'm also disappointed that some of my friends from Atlanta haven't even bothered to email or make a phone call to see how Corey and I are doing. Some I haven't even heard a peep from. So then I start questioning the friendships I held so close to me over the past few years, and I just get sad about it. Corey and I are trying to figure out how we can meet people and make friends near our age, because there certainly are not many of those around here. It gets kind of lonely sometimes, and sometimes there seems be a lot of time to fill. Corey is still looking for a job, and while there are opportunities that have come up, things are going very slowly. I think I'm just trying to find my way and get on my own two feet again after all of this change, and it might take awhile. This doesn't quite feel like home yet.
In other news, Corey and I went to see Wall-E tonight- go see it if you have the chance! We also spent our Thursday night with a couple from the church, and we had a great time. We also had dinner at another family's house last night, where we also played this board game called "Settlers." I'm not much for board games, and this one was still a little boring and long to me, but at least it was a chance to visit with people! They also had a little dog that I loved, and so I got sad that Corey and I have decided that we probably shouldn't have a dog since we live in the church parsonage. But you never know I guess...we'll see! Tomorrow I am doing the children's message at church, along with some things for the casual worship. I'm a little nervous! Hopefully I'll get the nerves out of my system before I preach next week :) Peace...
1 comment:
Jill, I know how you feel, the move is hard and lonely. You'll adjust one day and be so grateful for the time you get to spend with Corey just the two of you. I hope that you will find some friends your age, I'm still working on it! Good luck with the wedding plans for August!
Post a Comment