The latest excitement (besides getting married and graduating) is that I now have an appointment as the associate pastor at Terre Haute Memorial UMC in Terre Haute, IN. Corey and I took a trip up there last week to meet with the church and everything went really well. We even got to see the house we will be living in. My first Sunday there will be June 15, and I know it will come before I know it. Corey and I are still praying that he finds a job, and there may be a slight possibility of a youth position in Terre Haute, but all we can do now is keep our eyes and ears open. I am very excited about starting this new chapter in my life and cannot wait to see what God will throw my way as I start my ministry at the church. It seems like a wonderful congregation, focused on missions and prayer, and they seem very welcoming. The people I will be working with seem wonderful as well.
My parents are in town for graduation this weekend, and then next weekend Corey and I are having a couples' shower thrown for us by family friends, and then Corey is getting ordained! THEN we will be back in Atlanta to start packing and going to Indiana soon after. Somehow, graduation suddenly seems so small compared to the many other important things going on in our lives. It will be strange to be done with school. It will be even more strange to have a real job and act like an adult all the time :) but I think I can handle it...
No comments:
Post a Comment