Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Soul searching

It's official...over the past few weeks in particular, I have become a firm believer in the fact that certain relationships are simply meant to be and that they are truly destined for wonderful things.  I am almost a week away from marrying my best friend, and dare I say "soul mate" and I couldn't be more excited!  I've done a lot of soul searching lately about what a commitment such as marriage means, why people marry, and I'm just beginning to get a glimpse of what it will be like.  Having such a deep connection with another person is one of the greatest gifts we are given, and the fact that we remain open to the way a relationship grows, changes, and deepens is a wonderful thing.  If I could pick a key word right now that would sum up what I've been thinking about marriage lately, it would be "family."  Corey and I will become family- we will have our own while joining our families of origin together.  Family is such an intimate thing!  Our family members see us at our best and at our worst- our failures, our bad days, our successes, and our frustrations of life- and they are always there for us.  Family is unconditional love, support, laughter, tears- a family means forever.  So basically, the point of this post today is to say that I am praying for Corey and me.  I am praying for the direction of our marriage, the status of our relationship, and our hopeful future- whatever it may hold, we will be together.  While a few things in my life right now are uncertain (where I'll be appointed exactly is still somewhat a mystery), I know that Corey and I are about to enter into a wonderful, new, and exciting phase in our lives.  And if that is all I can hold onto for now, I think I'll be just fine.  


No comments: