Monday, August 1, 2011

Happiness Is...(Part 2)

Happiness is....having your husband tell you that we have options and possible opportunities for our future together that may include having children.

If you read my blog regularly, you know that this is something that I have struggled with and we have struggled with as a couple. Recently, my wonderful husband informed me that after some serious consideration, the option of having children is on the table should I decide that I am 100% sure that I do, in fact, want children.

I fluctuate on my feelings about motherhood- sometimes I feel that I really want to have a baby, and others I am totally turned off by the idea. I don't think I'll ever be a woman that drools over babies and just aches for them, but I could possibly come to the point where I really do want kids in the future. However, I know that I needed to hear and know that parenthood was at least an option for us, and now, it possibly is.

What will we decide to do? Only time will tell, but I thank God for my amazing husband who is willing to keep the door open for me on this important issue. For now, we will enjoy being together and seeing where life takes us. That, my friends, is happiness.

No comments: