Well, it seems I will be having what I'd like to call a "nobody puts Baby in a corner" kind of summer! How is it that I will be getting ordained in June after years of hard work, and now to add to that, I have been cast as the female lead in the summer musical?! (Which quite honestly, is a dream come true.) I love to sing and perform. It's always been something I love, but I've always felt that I'm okay at it, but never good enough to be a lead in anything. However, it seems that my time has come! I am still trying to believe it myself! And to top it off, it is going to be a really unique opportunity. This will be a world premier of a new musical about the Prodigal Son, written by a local professor in Terre Haute, who happens to be a very interesting, friendly, and progressive thinking kind of guy. In fact, he will be at Annual Conference this year as the lay delegate for his church (which is where the musical will be performed).
I'll also get to work with some really great, talented, and fun people for this show, and become closer friends with them, as well as making some new ones.
And I'll finally get a chance to have a lead role in the theater- something I thought quite honestly would never happen. My character actually has a name for a change! Rebecca- the girl that the prodigal son loves and "the one that got away." Even more awesome that I already know some of the songs I'll be doing since I've performed them already!
I'm looking forward to a great summer! If you're in the Terre Haute area, come to the show!
No comments:
Post a Comment