Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Season

A Happy New Year to you! As of now, I am officially out of the post-Christmas "funk" from my last post, and feeling a little more back to normal. We took our Christmas tree and decorations down this morning, and now I'm getting ready to officiate a wedding (1/1/11!) At least they shouldn't forget their anniversary!

I have some exciting things in store for 2011, well mainly 2 big things:
1. My (hopeful) ordination in June!
2. Our Holy Land trip in December!

And I'm sure we will have many other exciting happenings to look forward to.

I saw this picture on one of the blogs I read: Beauty Tips for Ministers and wanted to share it. It just struck me for some reason- the tree, the circle, the changing of seasons, yet they are all intertwined and rooted together. It just reminds me of the seasons of our lives, the changes we face, the unknowns we wonder about, and that we are all connected to one another and to God, rooted together on this journey of life and death. How's that for philosophical for ya? ;)

Either way, enjoy it, and happy new year!





No comments: