Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Post Christmas "Funk"

I'll admit that I've been in a "funk" the past few days, I think because this is officially "dead time." I've been building up to Christmas and so many exciting things were going on. I had my class to prepare for, the children's program to rehearse for, the Cantata to sing for, a house to prepare for guests, a sermon to write and preach on Christmas Eve, and family coming up to see us. And all the sudden...nothing! I like having things to do and things to prepare for, etc, and now things are pretty slow for the next few weeks. I'm looking forward to things picking back up again.

The holidays also had me thinking about the meaning of family and what family means to me. I like being surrounded by family, and I realize that my parents and Corey's parents won't always be around, and the day will come when our parents pass away or will not be able to travel easily, etc. While I pray that those days will not be anytime soon, I still wonder. So then what will family be to us? Naturally, this brings up the question and struggle for me on the question of children. Will it be enough to celebrate the holidays with just the 2 of us? Or will I want to be surrounded by family, children, etc? Will I want to have people to buy gifts for, to prepare for, to (gasp!) cook for? Perhaps my nurturing and maternal side is starting to surface, and I really don't know what to do with that...

for now, I'll just try to get out of this post Christmas "funk" in which I find myself right now, and look forward to what 2011 holds in store. Maybe I should start counting the days until our Holy Land trip! 341...340....339.... ;)

No comments: