Don't get me wrong- ministry is what I am called to do and I love what I do. However, I do think sometimes what other "callings" I might explore in another lifetime or things that I would love to do if I had all the time, money, and schooling in the world. So, here are some careers I might consider: (in order)
1) Funeral Director- maybe I've been watching too much Six Feet Under (haha), but even before that, I've always been interested in mortuary sciences and the funeral business. Especially now that I'm a pastor and have a great professional relationship with funeral homes, my interest has been even more particular. The more I discover about it, the more I believe that the funeral business is really a ministry at its core. Not just for the families that seek a funeral home, but for the deceased whose bodies are cared for as they are prepared for burial. If only I could get past all the blood and guts...
2) Nursing- Speaking of blood and guts, I would love to explore nursing. Having grown up surrounded by my parents' nurses in their offices and having a lot of chaplain and hospital experiences, I am always amazed by the care and compassion of nurses. Their job is also a ministry of hands on care, emotional support, and companionship. I just don't know if I could deal with the bodily fluids and needles that involve nursing. But, maybe in another lifetime... ;)
3) Teacher- If I had more patience with children/middle school/high school, I would love teaching. I would also love to be a college professor in theology/religion.
4) Meteorologist- I love the weather! I love watching what's going on outside, I love watching the weather reports, and I love the science of weather patterns. If only I was more scientifically minded...
5) Zumba instructor, singing, dancing, acting: This is simple enough- I LOVE all of these things!
What would you consider doing in another life?
Thinking about Protocol Droids
1 week ago



No comments:
Post a Comment