Corey and I just got back from fabulous Jackson Hole, WY where I spent a week every summer growing up with my family. I had not been in about 7 years, so it was time for me to come back and see what all types of things I would enjoy doing there as a married young adult! We stayed with my parents in their condo for the week. Corey and I are not really outdoorsy over all, but we knew there would be plenty for us to do. After a 2.5 hour delay in Dallas consisting of storms, plane problems, and a screaming child, we finally arrived in the Hole around 9:30 on Sunday night and were graciously greeted by my parents with pizza :)
We got up early on Monday morning and drove our little rental car to Yellowstone where we spent the day checking out the hot springs and Old Faithful, and looking for wildlife, which we didn't see much of unfortunately.
Tuesday was our white water rafting day, which we both really enjoyed. It was Corey's first time going, and he loved it! After that we went to the Alpine Slide where we raced down to the bottom..and I won :) Then we went to dinner at the Jackson Lake Lodge in the Mural Room where we admired the views and had a wonderful dinner.
Wednesday we went horseback riding in the morning (oh how I've missed it!) and then we went into town to walk around and shop.
Thursday we took a boat out onto Jackson Lake for a few hours and took some good pictures of Mt. Moran. Then Corey and I celebrated at the fancy restaurant at the resort with a yummy dinner.
Friday we spent the day in Teton Village where we rode the tram to the top of a mountain. It felt like we were on top of the world! My parents hiked while Corey and I shopped around there.
Saturday we ate at this wonderful breakfast place and then we had to leave beautiful Jackson Hole. We had a wonderful time, and I loved spending time with my parents and Corey. Some of my favorite moments were simply sitting out on our porch with the view of the Tetons and just reading and talking to everyone.
And a funny side note, all week, Corey had been wanting to see a bison...we saw a moose, some elk, lots of deer, bald eagles, etc, but no bison! And finally...we saw a herd of them on the way to the airport. How funny is that? Our vacation was complete :)
But it's always good to return home. Corey asked if we could stay out in WY forever and I said, it would be nice, but I enjoy our simple little life in Indiana. The corn fields where you can see forever, our little house, being in ministry, hanging out with one another and the dog. It's awesome to have vacation time, but it's also great to come home, too. I am excited that fall is just around the corner, and things will start to pick up again at church. More on that later.



No comments:
Post a Comment