Thursday, June 17, 2010

"Go Go Jo!"

I need to take a moment to tell you all how much FUN I am having in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"! It has been years since I have been cast in a show, and I had forgotten just how much fun it is. I seriously feel like I am 17 again! Tonight we learned the dance to the "hoe down" song in the show, and I was having so much fun being silly and doing kicks, turns, being picked up, etc. I'm also meeting some wonderful and interesting new people, and it's been great to get out of the "church bubble" and do something out of the ordinary from my normal routine. I feel like I am doing some ministry as well, simply because people ask me a lot of questions when they find out I'm a pastor, and a lot of people in the cast are "unchurched" and fall into that classic age gap of 18-25 who are not interested in "church" as we know it. It's also been fun answering questions about the actual Joseph story in Genesis. I am rediscovering this story for myself as well. That it's about trust and faith in God, gifts, forgiveness, and family...and the show itself is really silly, so it makes the story fun. I can definitely say that I am having a great summer so far, and can't wait for the show to come together!

No comments: