Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Can't Sleep

So....it's the night before we leave for Annual Conference...I can't sleep....I can't hear out of my right ear...I've felt funny all day...I had an espresso drink at 4:00 pm that I think is still affecting me...and my mind is running 100 miles an hour...and it's 5:00 in the morning. So what is on my mind? The 4 days I will spend at annual conference...people I will see, what we will do, what I will wear, you name it, I've thought it. What else? My mind keeps singing songs from "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" (which I am cast in at a dinner theater show this summer...don't think I have officially mentioned it on here). Rehearsals are Monday-Thursdays each week, so I am living with the songs stuck in my head constantly! What else am I thinking about....the fact that I heard a heartbreaking story from my mom today about a 25 year old girl that was an acquaintance of my sister, who was hiking with her boyfriend and got struck by lightning and killed...and all right before he was going to propose to her. Read the full story here, and grab some tissues! Can you imagine doing that funeral, fellow clergy?

Ordination is also on my mind. I am already half way done with my paper work, and I am praying that I am only a year away from being fully ordained. I take my last round of psych. evals next week, thank God!

All of the weddings I'm doing this summer are on my mind, and the phone calls I've gotten since then to do more next year.

Corey and I are planning to go to the Holy Land next fall hopefully, even though the IN conference apparently cut the travel scholarship for newly ordained pastors...we (being sarcastic and serious at the same time) think that they have chosen to spend money on buying the conference staff brand new Rav 4s instead...seriously...the conference staff all drive new Rav 4s. What's up with that? :( So we will be starting to save some money to go.

We have a summer intern at church for a few months...a high school girl who is interested in ministry and what pastors do, so she will be shadowing both of us pastors this summer. Should be fun!

And of course I am pondering questions of life...what does it all mean? And where is God in it all?

There you have it, friends. My ramblings at 5 am. Maybe now that I have written them out, I might get some sleep before I have to get up for Bible study in a few hours. Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Be thankful your conference gives any assistance at all. Ours would never dream about doing something cool for young pastors. They act like they're doing us a favor by letting us be there and giving us the bottom of the barrel appointments.