Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Strange Things I am Loving Right Now

I've never been a "fashionista" or up on the latest trends. I just like what I like :) And I realize that this is a strange post to have during Lent, when we are supposed to be focusing on spiritual matters and doing away with our love for things, but sometimes it's also nice to recognize the things I love and to be thankful for them. I also gave up desserts/sweets, purse and shoe shopping for Lent, but that won't stop me from talking about them :) Also, I am always curious about these fashion blogs I read and where they get their style from. Check out "She's Still Got It" and "Beauty Tips for Ministers" if you are curious as well :)

My before Lent purchases of course: Random cute animal print purse with a red flower and of course, a new Vera pattern in "Loves Me"


Another pre-Lent purchase: Rain boots! These have been great in the snow :)


My recent purchases from Walmart (hey, they sometimes have cute things!) A purple and black scarf and a cute purple top that's great for the office, and the top was only $1 on clearance! Can't pass that up!


And of course, Corey and I love food, so here is one of our attempts to be more healthy and something I can eat that's not a dessert...Vanilla Creme Brulee Rice Snacks...and he got cheese flavored. Of course, I think these may have backfired because we got them yesterday and now the bags are almost empty! Whoops! Anyway, they are tasty, so try them out! PS- That's our new George Forman grill that we bought after our wedding gift one died. It was a sad day in the Howard household.



What strange things are you loving and discovering right now? Happy hunting! :)

1 comment:

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

I'm such an earrings girl!! My collection is starting to get insane.

I think Walmart has come a long way in their clothes and accessories. There is one in Marietta that is huge and has tons of inventory for low cost. Bruce and I have some issues with the ethics of their organization, but things may have changed from when questions were raised a couple of years ago - and - well - I'm a seminary student. Haha.