Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Fun!



Well, the open house was kind of a disappointment. Along with the drama that I previously mentioned, we only had about 7 people show up! You would think that if anything else, these women would be at least curious to see what we've done with the parsonage. At least the house and the front yard look great, and we have LOTS of leftover goodies from the party. And the best part was that both of my friends, Karney and Becky were there. We ended up having a girls' night after the open house- dinner and a movie. It was a lot of fun. I really wish I had more girlfriends around to hang out with more often! It's hard being an adult..everyone is so busy ALL the time! But it has been a wonderful weekend.

Church was also good yesterday. Earlier this week, some of us went to Rose Hulman (college) and had a booth for our church set up at the faith/community fair. We talked to maybe 10 students there, and 7 showed up yesterday! Isn't that amazing? I was really excited about that! I just hope they decide to come back! Also, I've slowly come to the realization that even though I think our Prayz service still has some things that need to be changed or improved, that we have really come a long way. I still get frustrated when I look out at the congregation and people just don't seem be into worship or our music, even though I get a lot of good comments. So when that happens, I simply remember that I am also there to worship God as I lead worship. When I focus on this, then I feel like people respond better and I feel like a more capable leader. This is coming easier to me.

Happy Labor Day!

No comments: