
...Corey and I had our beautiful and amazingly fun wedding! For those of you who don't know, we actually celebrate our wedding anniversary in April since that is when we were officially and legally married, which was very meaningful and wonderful, but then we had our formal wedding on August 17th, 2008. You can check out all the details in my archives, but I thought I would take a moment to reminisce about what a wonderful day and weekend we had. The best part about our wedding was having our family and friends there. Although it was a busy weekend for many and we had a lot of people who didn't show up, the small crowd of those who are close to us was really all that mattered. Our ceremony was very meaningful with music by my mom and dad, scripture readings by Corey's mom, and we celebrated Holy Communion. We also got to say our vows to each other for the second time, and of course I got to wear my beautiful dress. Everything about the weekend was great and everyone involved made it so special for us.

Here are some of the small highlights that made it so wonderful (in no particular order!):
-My low key "bachelorette" party
-Pedicures/manicures with my bridesmaids
-The wedding party all getting along wonderfully!
-The wedding party/bridal brunch complete with french toast, beautiful flower and table arrangements, all on a screened in patio with summer breezes coming in
-The rehearsal dinner where we told stories and there were lots of laughs to be had by everyone
-Did I mention my dress or how handsome Corey looked in his tux? :)
-The flowers- I carried an ivory rose bouquet and my bridesmaids had a mixture of ivory roses, small blue and orange flowers
-The simple ribbons on the pews of the church- the simplicity of it all
-My parents doing the music before the ceremony and during
-The bubbles when we ran out after the ceremony
-My hair...come on, you knew that one was coming :)

-Corey's face when he saw that my garter was a UK garter

-Seeing Corey with his fraternity brothers
-Dancing to "Baby Got Back" like a crazy person with my sister
-The fact that everyone DID get up and dance!
-Our DJ- who was a high school buddy of mine- he was awesome!
-Our Hummer Limo!
-Our wedding bulletin/programs on ivory paper, tied together with a royal blue ribbon, and had a picture of us in the back
-The bridal party colors- royal blue, silver, and black
-Our 2 cakes- the wedding cake with our initials and two wedding bands connected on it, and the grooms cake, chocolate, with the blue UK logo on top!
-Seeing my elderly grandmother shaking her booty on the dance floor like nobody's business!
-My uncle's rendition of "Wooly Bully" on the karaoke machine
-The view from our reception spot- downtown Knoxville, the TN River, and the full moon when it rose!
-The tables at our reception spot- vases with floating candles and blue marble stones, complete with blue ribbon

-Breakfast with the wedding party the morning after
-Spending the weekend with my wonderful husband and our friends and family!
-And of course, our Alaskan cruise honeymoon!
I could go on, but I'd be here all day :) It was definitely one of the best weekends I have ever had, and it will always be remembered!



2 comments:
Your centerpieces were beautiful!! Do you still use the vases?
Funny story about MY garter - I forgot to put it on!! I realized halfway through the reception and told my aunt, who was doing all of my photography, who told her fiance to go BACK to my parent's house to get it!! He had to dig through the bags and boxes that my bridesmaids had left in disarray as we were trying to get out the door to find my sexy black garter - what every man wants to do!!
You guys seem like you're enjoying married life SO much!! I hope to seem the same way next year.
Post a Comment