So long story short, I will be preaching at church tomorrow because one of the other pastors in the district had an emergency, so the pastor I work with will be going to preach at this other church, and I will be preaching at ours. I've spent this afternoon writing a last minute sermon, and I know it will be ok. It's always funny to see what I can do with a sermon that has already been somewhat outlined for the worship because I know that I am going to have a different take on the sermon and passage than my colleague does. So I had to work with this title, "I Chose You," using John 15:9-17 when Jesus says, "I have chosen you..." and calls us friends, etc. I had a big laugh at this because one of the first things I thought of was this clip from Toy Story. I'm totally going to fit it into the service (probably the Prayz service only since they are more receptive to my antics). I'll let you know how it goes. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment