I just got back from the hospital emergency room where I sat with a family as their loved one and a member of the church was pronounced dead. He was 85 years old and had a wonderful spirit. I was always greeted by him first thing in the morning at church, and he was also a neighbor of mine who told wonderful stories whenever I saw him. He was funny, interesting, and very friendly. He will be missed, and it sounded like he had a wonderful life. Once again, ministry is a 24/7 job, and there are some painful moments. But...if it means that I can be there for a family when it seems that their life is falling apart and I can help bring some peace...then I know it's all worth it. I know that Tony is resting in God's arms, and he will be dearly missed.
No comments:
Post a Comment