That's right, I'm talking about taxes. Corey and I recently discovered that we will owe the government a TON of money coming in April. While we already knew this, we were still not prepared for the amount that presented itself to us the other day while we worked with our tax person to get it all straightened out. I can't believe that the government takes THAT much from us in taxes, especially self-employed or clergy people. It's unbelieveable! So I am taking this as my official initiation into adulthood and I just need to do what I need to do and let it go. Corey and I might even find that we will laugh about it sometime, simply because there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. However, the whole thing has me thinking even more about money, and I honestly do not like to think about money or talk about money. It stresses me out, really. There are things that I want to do that unfortunately involve money- like taking our vacation to Niagara Falls in September, or trading in my car for a used SUV, and right now I'm worried that those things just won't happen anytime soon. I worry too much as it is.
Anyway, things other than that are going well. The Prayz band continues to get better and better, as well as the rest of the Prayz service. Corey, Kole, and I are happy and having a lot of fun.
I've been visiting an elderly man in the hospital for a few days straight now. He and his family are members of our church and the whole thing is really sudden. He's in ICU on a ventilator and all they can do at this point is wait for test results and x-rays, so that's been on my mind a lot lately.
Also, tomorrow would have been my friend Jamie's 26th birthday. I wrote about her around this time last year and that she passed away suddenly a few Aprils ago and it was a shock to me. We were best friends in middle school, and I think about her a lot. I wonder what she would be doing now. I wonder how her former husband is and how her 2 young kids are doing. I wonder if we would have had a chance to become close friends again. Happy Birthday, Jamie. You are missed.
Thinking about Protocol Droids
1 week ago



No comments:
Post a Comment