Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ups and Downs

This has been an interesting few days.  I've been a little frustrated with some things that are just out of my control- out of reach.  Things that I don't understand.  I've had some good friends tell me that they can't make it to the wedding, and this makes me really sad.  These are people that I haven't seen in years and the one thing that might be able to bring them all together, they are unable to make it.  To make matters worse, I got into a fight, discussion, whatever you want to call it with another one of my good friends, and this has been troubling me for days.  There's really not much I can do to fix anything except trying to be more understanding of her and the other way around.  Moving away from people has been hard, especially when I've begun to realize that some friendships will never be the same again, and some might even fade away.  These are tough things to realize.  

And I've been thrown into the "real world" of course where I am stuck worrying about things like taxes and social security, and wondering how some bills will get paid, especially if a job for Corey doesn't materialize soon.  By the way, he DOES, in fact, have a job interview coming up.  So maybe something will work out!  We're just hoping it will be enough to sustain us along with my paycheck.

Things at church are going well at least.  Things are starting to pick up lately.  Today I went to a United Methodist Women's luncheon at another church in town, where I was the only person below 50 there.  It was mostly older (in their 70s and 80s) women who were just amazed to see a young person there!  I almost felt like I was in a zoo the way some of them (not from my church) were looking at me!  Haha...anyway, it was nice I guess.  I came back to work hungry because all they had to eat there was salad and fruit and some disgusting apricot pudding, orange colored!  Ick!  I'm working on 2 Bible studies right now, scheduled to start in September.  One is a young adult Sunday school class that will focus on a program called Beginnings, which is kind of an introduction to Christianity, but I want to gear it toward the Scriptures it uses and mix it with some young adult issues, music, and film.  I just hope people will come.  Our church is seriously lacking young people.  So it might be awhile before it really picks up and becomes an actual group of people to teach.  But I'll see how it goes anyway.  The other Bible study I'm working on is a women's bible study using the book, Bad Girls of the Bible by Liz Curtis Higgs.  I want to open it to both men and women, but have a special morning session once a week just for women.  I don't like to exclude anyone, but I do want a time where just women can gather and talk about the book and the women in the Bible.  I'm really looking forward to this one, probably more than the young adults because I think (personally) that the women's study has more potential at this point in time.  But I am willing to be proven wrong!

Wedding plans are moving along.  We're just tying up small loose ends here and there, and finding out who is and is not coming. I haven't actually seen any RSVP cards yet since they are going to my parents' house, but I'm interested to find out who is coming.  Either way, I know Corey and I will have a wonderful wedding, even though some of the people close to us won't be there.

That's all I have for now :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey lady! Just catching up on your blog...so good to see you guys last weekend. Enjoy the final week leading up to the wedding and try not to stress too much...as you already know, it's not the wedding, it's everything that's led you here and everywhere you'll go from here that's the important part :) Call me if you need me!

Anonymous said...

Crap, that was eloquent :) I should have saved it for your card!!