
Well, the day was fine overall...but of course, I'm the new girl. During the first service, I almost started preaching before the girl doing the special music was about to perform! Luckily, the piano player just started before I could do something stupid and forget the music altogether! If that wasn't bad enough, I messed up the order AGAIN in the 2nd service! Except this time, I had her play before the children's message instead of after! You'd think I'd learn, right? Oh well. That's ok, I'm new :) There were no major mishaps except in the 2nd service, my portable ear microphone started sounding like it was being taken over by aliens and I actually had to stop in the middle of my sermon and ask for a different mic. These are things that they do not teach you in seminary! What to do if your mic goes haywire in the middle of your sermon? Apparently I did the right thing because I was not about to preach the rest of my sermon (that I worked so hard on!) sounding like we were under alien attack...so I stopped! A good lesson for all! Also, when you don't have someone helping you turn pages at the communion table, it is very easy to get lost and/or have trouble turning a page. Like I said, nothing else major. Overall, I had fun. It was a good day. My parents were there to support me, people seemed to like my message, and someone actually told me that things went really smoothly, even though I felt like I/it was all over the place! My personal motto is: Be like the duck- have a smooth, calm surface, but paddle like hell underneath! And sometimes we all show our feet paddling away, and if we're lucky, people won't even notice...or they do, and love you anyway.
I get to do this all again next week (except for the communion part!) Lord be with us all! ;)
Ministry...never a dull moment :)



No comments:
Post a Comment