Life has been really busy as we closed out 2012! I am really looking forward to 2013, which will be a year filled with travel and new experiences. Here is what's happening!
January: Corey and I will be taking our Caribbean Cruise! We will go to Honduras, Cozumel, and Belize. We are taking this trip in honor of my Gramma Newton who passed away last spring. She LOVED taking cruises, and requested that some of her ashes be spread on the Caribbean, and so that is what we are going to do. It will be a fun way to honor her and have a great vacation. I look forward to swimming with the dolphins the most! :)
March: My family is taking a vacation to CA to visit my sister and her husband. They are planning to move there, so we will be exploring with them on the beach and visiting with one another. It's rare these days that all of us get together, so this will be a good time!
April: I'll be going to St. Simon's Island, GA for a ministry conference. More to come on that!
June: Poland! I will be taking a once in a lifetime trip to visit Auschwitz with Eva Kor, a Holocaust survivor and one of the twins studied by Dr. Mengele. She has an amazing story of compassion and forgiveness based on her horrendous experiences. This group will be leaving out of Terre Haute and is organized by the CANDLES museum. I've been wanting to go on this trip for awhile, but didn't think I would get a chance. The last time it was offered, we were in the middle of our move and she usually takes groups every other year. But now is my chance to go. Unfortunately, I had to back out of being in a friend's wedding because of the trip, which was a hard decision, but I know that this trip will be amazing.
August: San Diego, Tecate/Tijuana Mexico- this will be a study trip with the Wabash Pastoral Leadership Program that I'll be doing starting this next week. This is the 2 year program where I'll be going to Wabash College every other month for conferences, education, and fellowship with other clergy in Indiana. On this trip, we will be studying immigration. We will also get to do an international trip in 2014, but we don't know where that will be yet.
Wow, I'll be worn out! But I'm looking forward to these adventures.
Stay tuned! :)
Thinking about Protocol Droids
1 week ago



No comments:
Post a Comment