My last Sunday at Memorial has come and gone...our house is filled with boxes to the point where it's hard to get around, and our poor dog always seems to be in the way! And we are spending these last few afternoons and evenings over meals with friends, saying goodbye. My last Sunday at Memorial was wonderful. We truly experienced an outpouring of love from everyone at the church, we had a great meal together, and celebrated the time that I spent among the people there. It was a sad day, also overwhelming, but also a way to really celebrate my ministry there, my learning experiences, and the relationships that were formed. So as we are down to our last days in Terre Haute, there are mixed feelings- sad, anxious, excited, fear of the unknown, being overwhelmed. This is also a weird time because I feel like I am in limbo- I still have one foot in the door at Memorial, and now one foot in the door at the new church, Morgantown. After I sent the Morgantown newsletter today via email, I received several emails back from members welcoming me and saying they were looking forward to meeting us, etc. I also spent a few hours the other day doing some worship planning for sermons through July. So it's officially time to move on....
Corey is still in the midst of job hunting and has several applications in at mostly colleges/universities for positions such as admissions counseling. So we are hopeful that something will work out. In the meantime, we will be getting unpacked and settled into the next chapter of our lives. We have been so blessed by our time in Terre Haute!
Thinking about Protocol Droids
1 week ago



1 comment:
Hey Jill,
I hope you guys are doing well. I need to do a better job of keeping up with your blog. Can you email me at willpuru@comcast.net?
Peace,
Will
Post a Comment