It's Holy Week. A time to think about what really matters in our lives and faith. A time to take seriously the message of Christ and the church.
And what do people choose to do? Send anonymous grammar corrections from the last newsletter to me at the church office!!!
Yes, someone actually took the time to write a full letter explaining how I made 2 grammar mistakes in the last newsletter. One mistake wasn't even something I had said or typed. The other was not a mistake at all upon second glance. The really sad thing was that one of the "mistakes" was found in the announcment of my new appointment. This person did not say anything like, "sorry to see you go," but rather, "your grammar was incorrect, let me fix it for you."
Really? Is this what church is to some people? Is this what people spend their time worrying about? The fact that it was an anonymous letter was laughable to me. April Fools, right?!
It makes me really angry that someone would dare send that kind of letter to me, especially considering it's Holy Week and especially considering that the "mistake" was mentioned in the part about the fact that I am leaving the church. I am hurt about it. Maybe I shouldn't be, but I am. After the 4 years I have put into serving here, this is what I get? A grammar correction "out of respect for me"?
Hear this: anonymous complaints and letters are not to be considered valid or worth anyone's time. Have the guts to put your name on something and/or confront the person if you have a serious problem.
And the whole thing is ridiculous, by the way.
Thinking about Protocol Droids
1 week ago



2 comments:
Oh Jill, I understand how this hurts. Since starting in the church I have been shocked at how petty and rude people can be. And it does make it seem ten times worse during Holy week and an announcement of your leaving the church.
My prayers are with you for peace.
Don't even open the anonymous letters. My SPRC knows not even to bring up unattributed comments.
I am sorry that happened, though. People suck sometimes. Remember, when Jesus was hanging on the cross, the Sanhedrin were complaining about the grammar on the sign hanging above him. So you're in good company!
Post a Comment