Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Social Principles...they are coming!

It's been awhile since I've posted, mainly because it's been a quiet (knock on wood!) few weeks.  I've spent most of my time working on my sister's wedding, catching up on some things, and most pressing, working on my Social Principles class!  I have currently 27 people signed up and it starts next Wednesday, so there is still time for more to sign up to attend!!  I wasn't expecting THAT much interest in the Social Principles, but apparently I've hit a curious nerve with several people.  I'm not really sure what to expect, but I do know that it will be an interesting and heated class with lots of discussion, and I'm hoping for healthy dialogue.  Things are sure to get heated on several occasions.

In the third week alone, we are discussing marriage/divorce, sexuality, abortion, and end of life issues/suicide, etc.  I'm not sure we will even get through it all in one class!  I might need to be flexible with the schedule, depending on how it goes.

Needless to say, it will be a challenging class to teach and facilitate, but I am up for it!  I plan to blog each week about how the class went, what we discussed, and what I learned from it, as well as what I feel others are learning.  It will be a growing process for everyone.

The Social Principles are a call on the UMC to be in prayerful, studied dialogue of faith and practice.  Let's pray that this class will be just that!

Check back for class updates starting next week!

No comments: