I had an interesting lunch with a friend of mine today (music director of Young Man in a Hurry) who informed me that there is a possibility that the show will be taken to Russia in the summer of 2013. If that is the case, then the church would be doing the show again this next summer to promote and clean and fix it, add more to it, etc. Wow!
But here is the problem. I don't know where I will be this next summer or in summer 2013. I could still be in Terre Haute, which means I could do all of this, no question. I could be somewhere near TH and could commute for rehearsals. OR I could be on the other side of the state beginning a new appointment. There is no way to know!
Theater is one of my God languages (as the wonderful Peacebang put it at the conference I went to this past week). It gives me energy, makes me happy, and is a creative outlet for me. I love it so much. But I am also called to be a United Methodist pastor and itinerate, which is, at the end of the day, out of my control. I know that this is just a possibility right now and not a reality, but the thought of all of this just thrills me. And the fact that I don't know if I will be able to do it saddens me. However, my vocation as a pastor also thrills me, and I know that it has to come first. So there you have it. Only time will tell what opportunities I will be able to take, but either way, opportunities abound!
Thinking about Protocol Droids
1 week ago



No comments:
Post a Comment