Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Best...Summer... Ever!!


It has been probably the best summer of my life with being ordained in June AND involved and cast as "Rebecca" in the brand new original musical, "Young Man in a Hurry." What an incredible experience! We had 2 weekend runs, and all the shows went very well, except for the 2nd Friday night when we had some glitches, my voice decided to wimp out on my during one of my songs :( and there was a sewage problem at the church :/ But other than that, the show was wonderful for the cast and those who came to see it. I had SO much support from Memorial, and my parents and cousin were able to come for the second weekend (on a good night!). The cast was wonderful- so much talent and we got along and gelled together very well. We made it our own show- since we didn't have anything to watch to go on beforehand, we really created a wonderful and beautiful thing with the help of great directors, creativity, and a lot of fun!

I can't express enough how happy I was to be a part of the show. I made some great friends, and I was able to do what I love to do: sing! I was finally given a role where I could use all of my years of vocal experience and put it to work. And I also enjoyed the acting part, which is something I hadn't done in years.

Doing theater is a break from the ordinary for me. Although it's a lot of work, for me it was a chance to get out of the normal church routine and do something different. And it is wonderful to be a part of the theater community who understands the work and passion that goes into a production. I only hope that wherever I end up in the future, I can find a similar community and continue to be involved in theater. It fulfills me so much.

I can't believe it's all over. I'll admit that I'm grieving a little, but there are plenty of exciting things ahead this year. I know that I'll always look back on this time with great memories and with the knowledge that together, we created something new, different, and beautiful.

No comments: