Summer is such a strange time of year for me. Days are slow, but nights are show rehearsals. Now that Vacation Bible School is over, the church office slows down, there are hardly any meetings, and for some reason, we don't have many people in the hospital, which is definitely a good thing! So I've been taking it easy, memorizing lines for the show, seeing friends, playing church softball (which is definitely something out of my element, haha!), working out with Jillian Michaels' DVDs (getting buff!) and watching some trash TV...I have the worst taste in TV, but I guess it's one of my guilty pleasures! We all have something, right? ;)
Show rehearsals are going well, although it's been slow going to see it all come together. We are off book next week, so I'm getting my lines down. I'm starting to get nervous about the show- hoping I don't get too nervous and forget my lines or don't sing well. I can't worry about that I suppose.
I'm thinking about what kinds of things I want to do in the fall at the church. I already know I'm teaching a class on the Social Principles, and maybe do another Advent series. The summer intern and I are co-teaching a class for young women only on the Bad Girls of the Bible series, which I have led before, but it should be a different feel with only young women in the group. I'm more looking forward to seeing how our summer intern grows in her own faith and leadership through leading a class. I'm proud to be a part of a church that encourages young leaders in ministry. The church as a whole certainly needs it!
Corey and I are now up to 8 travelers for our Holy Land trip, which means that most of our trip is paid for, especially with the love offering the congregation gave me for ordination. We are about 5 months away, and we are getting really excited.
Corey starts his new job as "campus pastor" for United Campus Ministry this coming week. We are both interested in seeing how this new journey unfolds. We are also continuing to be in conversation about where we want to be in the next year or so as far as appointments go, especially since a lot of our friends and colleagues got re-appointed this year. There's no way of knowing what will happen. I know I'm happy to stay where we are, but I'm also feeling open to new places that God has in store for us. Only time will tell.

I hope you are having a great and relaxing summer!




No comments:
Post a Comment